A romantic escape on the roof of the world. The unadulterated scenic beauty, virgin mountains, and overwhelmingly quiet ambiance makes Bhutan the perfect place for your honeymoon plan.
Duration : 06 Nights/ 7Days .
Destination Covered : Thimphu- Dochu La- Phobjikha- Punakha- Paro .
Elevation at Paro: 2,200 meters.
Experience the breathtaking views of the high Himalayan peaks as you fly into Paro valley (2,300 meters), a fitting desciption to this magical land. After visa formalities at the Paro airport, meet your personal guide and driver.
Overnight at Hotel in Thimphu
Buddha Dordenma: Capture the vibrant Buddha Dordema statue in the early morning sunrise. Apart from the serenity of the place the view of the Thimphu city from this mountain is gorgeous.
Wangditse Hike (1.5 hours hike): Venture through the flavors and scents of thick pine forest along the side of Thimphu valley leading to the glorious Wangditse temple. It is one and half hour - easy hike crossing local apple farms and houses. The trail further takes into trees of oak, pine, and rhododendron which accompany you throughout the hike while occasionally opening to the view of the Buddha Dordenma statue, Tashichoe Dzong and Thimphu valley.
Rest of the day free to explore Thimphu on your own or relax at your hotel.
Overnight at hotel in Thimphu
Overnight at hotel in Phobjikha
Driving from Phobjikha to Punakha valley, you will observe the gradual change in vegetation from alpine to sub-tropical to pine forest.
Stop for a picnic lunch by the river of Punakha.
Overnight at hotel in Punakha.
Travel from Punakha to Paro. Elevation at Paro is 2,200 meters.
Paro is a beautiful valley located in Western Bhutan with an area of 2800 square kilometers. Breathtaking Lhakhangs and monasteries are perched on mountain hills. Two sacred rivers with its respective source at Jumolhari and Chumo Phug Mountains, makes their way through Paro valley enhancing its beauty and grandeur
Overnight at hotel in Paro
We have saved the best for the last. Get your energy up at breakfast this morning for a hike to the iconic Tiger’s Nest Monastery. Venture through the pristine surrounding of the monastery resting on a cliff.
Tiger’s Nest or Taktsang acquires its name from the legend of its foundation, when in the 8th Century Guru Rinpoche, widely revered as the second Buddha, arrived from Tibet flying across the mountains on the back of a tigress and meditated here for three months. He blessed and preached tantric Buddhism in Bhutan.
Overnight at hotel in Paro
Our team will drop you to the airport and bid you farewell.
5.0 / 3 Reviews
we had a really great tour with Bhutan Best Inbound tour. Thinley the company owner had arranged everthing systematically. A guide Dorji Phuntsho and driver Rinchen Wangmo was very helful during our days at Bhutan. Dorji is really a great guide i ever met in my life time. I strongly recommend this company if any one wants to travel to Bhutan.
My wife and I had a wonderful time touring Bhutan with 'Bhutan Best Inbound' in February of 2019. We discovered them through website of Bhutan government. They responded to all our queries very patiently and crafted a custom itinerary that suited our expectations at a reasonable price. Our visa application was also taken care of by them well ahead of time.
At the beginning of the trip, we were received by our guide, Mr. Pema and our driver, Mr. Sonam at Jaigaon (India-Bhutan tour). They took care of all formalities, from immigration to hotel check-in and food, which made our trip particularly relaxing. Our car for the trip was an immaculately clean Hyundai Creta, which had seat-belts (not so common in India as you would think!) and fresh water bottles everyday. Mr. Sonam is a very safe driver and not once did we feel motion sickness on the winding roads of Bhutan.
Over the next 5 days our guide, Mr. Pema took us around various sights of Thimphu, Punakha and Paro. Mr. Pema is an extremely knowledgeable and courteous person and he patiently answered all our questions about Bhutan's culture, history and politics. Other than the cultural tour, he also took great care of our well-being and overall experience. When my wife and I fell sick due to the cold weather, he promptly arranged hot ginger tea and medicines. We had expressed our desire to try out good Bhutanese food and he surely took care of that by taking us to authentic Bhutanese restaurants in Paro and Thimphu. He helped us a great deal while climbing and descending Tiger's Nest monastery trail, which I found difficult because of icy conditions (and bad shoes). He was very accomodating of our request to modify our itinerary due to weather changes and made sure we make the best of our time in Bhutan.
Overall, our trip exceeded our expectations and we would like to thank Bhutan Best Inbound for the mesmerizing experience.
Hi, as the name suggests it is one of the best tours and travels in Bhutan. We had opted for a Honeymoon package(9 days 8 nights)Thinley and team really wanted us to see all the places and also customized the package to fit into our budget. Below are the places that we visited, the hotels that we stayed in and also my reviews.
1. Phuntsholing - Hotel Tsheringma - From my experience, I would suggest avoiding Phuntsholing and travel directly to Paro because there is nothing much to see in Phuntsholing. It is just a small town near to the Indian border town Jaigaon, West Bengal. We stayed there for 2 days(the first day and last day of our travel). It is just an entry and exit point and your e-permits are verified and biometrics are done which you can do it in Paro airport as well.
2. Thimpu - Hotel Oro Villa - We had 4-5 hours drive from Phuntsholing to Thimpu(capital of Bhutan). The journey was very scenic. Must visit places - Buddha point, Fort.
3. Punakha - Meri Puensum Resort - Punakha is a very beautiful valley town and should not be missed at any cost. Must visit - Punakha Fort, Park near Female river, Fertility Temple(for those who are interested to know more about a strange diety)
4. Phobjika/Gangtey Valley - Dewachen Hotel & Spa - Never ever miss this place in your tour. One of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. If you visit in the months between October to February, you may also get a chance to see the black-necked cranes. The place is very well maintained and protected for the black-necked cranes. Should not avoid - Nature Trails and stay at Dewachen. You can hot stone bath here(if interested) at INR 1900. But it should be booked in Dewachen a day or two before as it is very difficult at peak times.
5.Paro - Pema Yangtsel - Another town which we should not miss. The Bhutan International airport is at Paro and I really recommend even people from India to travel directly to Paro instead of Phuntsholing. You can do your shopping(souvenirs etc) at Paro or even at Tiger's Nest point(much cheaper than other places). Must Visit - Tiger's Nest, Paro Fort, National Museum. If interested in trekking there are monasteries even beyond Tiger's nest.
My Suggestion ( If planning for a week or so)
1. Thimphu - 2 days
2. Phobjika - 2 days(
3. Punakha - 2 days
4 Paro - 2 days
Hotel Ratings(out of 5)
1. Dewachen Hotel & Spa, Phobjika- 4 stars
2. Oro Villa, Thimphu - 3.5 stars
3. Meri puensum resort, Punakha - 3.5 stars
4. Pema Yangtsel, Paro - 3.5 stars
5. Tsheringma, Phuentsholing - 2.5 stars
Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, without a proper tour Guide. We had a very informative guide with a great sense of humor with us and also an efficient driver throughout our tour. Knowing Bhutan without a proper Guide is impossible. Hence, I recommend everyone to ask for Tshendu as the tour guide and Tandin Namgyal as your tour Driver.
Once again Thank you Thinley and Team(Bhutan Best Inbound Tour) for making our honeymoon memorable in Bhutan.