Local Experiences with cultural pursuits
While you are in Bhutan, we recommend you to add a few local or unique activities which can add aesthetic or adventurous flavor to your Bhutan trip. Your Bhutan trip is incomplete without taking a plunge in ‘Bhutan Culture Experience’.
There are many Bhutan Cultural activities that you can experience while at Bhutan
- Cook Bhutanese dishes
- Hit the bull’s eye with a traditional bow and arrow
- Take a Bhutanese hot stone bath
- Savor the locally brewed alcohol (Ara)
- Heal yourself by plunging in the medicinal hot spring
- Go in search of rare flowers and birds.
- Take photographs with monks at the hilltop
- Learn a meditation technique from an Authentic Buddhist master.
Top Interesting Facts about Bhutan Culture
- Women are the head of the family
- Women take blessings from wooden Phallus for fertility.
- The national dress of Bhutan is Gho and Kira
- Everyone loves spices
- Archery is the National game of Bhutan
- People of Bhutan believe in Yeti, Gods and Demigods